In this episode of the Viasat podcast, host Alex Miller catches up with Lena Hall, who is the new global head of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) at the company. The Howard University grad has an impressive history working in change management and is ideally suited to help Viasat move ahead with its DEI efforts in the coming years.
Topics covered in this episode include:
- Why most companies are paying a lot more attention to topics surrounding diversity, equity and inclusion
- How the ‘equity’ piece came to be included and what it means
- Addressing some of the pushback we’ve seen in recent years against some of the progress made in these areas
- What DEI might look like in the coming years for Viasat and other companies
- Turning DEI initiatives into action and how to embed it into company culture