In this episode of the Viasat Podcast, host Alex Miller speaks with Viasat Chief Operating Officer Kevin Harkenrider. Promoted to the role last fall, Harkenrider speaks to the busy road ahead as Viasat prepares to launch and monetize its global satellite constellation, ViaSat-3.
Harkenrider has been with Viasat since 2006 and has occupied a number of different roles with the company in that time.
Some of the topics touched upon in this episode:
- Preparing for the global markets where ViaSat-3 will deliver service and navigating the regulatory landscape in a variety of countries
- Determining the role third-party partners will play
- How increased competition in the satellite internet market aligns with increasing demand around the world and Harkenrider’s view that there’s room for all to flourish
- The advantage of ViaSat-3’s flexible beam structure and how it enables more strategic placement of capacity
- How Viasat continues to position itself to be an employer of choice amid the backdrop of the shift to remote work and a more mobile workforce
- The importance of accountability across the organization as it grows globally
- Six traits of a leader where Harkenrider says he’s always trying to earn an “A” himself