Since the COVID-19 pandemic has forced millions of people to adapt to work-at-home practices, it’s created an enormous shift in the data traffic patterns for internet service providers like Viasat. In this episode of the Viasat Podcast, host Alex Miller catches up with Evan Dixon, Vice President and Head of Residential for The Americas. Topics covered include:
- How demand has spiked during the pandemic, and how data usage has changed demands on our network.
- What Viasat is doing to prioritize work-from-home and school-from-home applications during the pandemic. Plus, how the company is working to deliver as much capacity as possible to our customers.
- How managing data traffic across the network helps ensure all our subscribers continue to get good service.
- Ways in which customers can adjust their own behavior to improve their experience in their homes and across the network.
- How what we’ve learned during this period will help improve and expand our service going forward.